When your home appliance isn’t working, the last thing you want to do is wait for 2 to 3 days to get it fixed. It’s important to find a company that can come to your home to repair the appliance as quickly as possible. But before you hire the first company to offer a “same day repair” promise, it’s important to verify that the service provider is both trustworthy and capable. Here’s how to ensure you hire the best company for your same day appliance repair in Connecticut.
Do Appliance Repair Companies Really Offer “Same Day Appliance Service”?
While many companies (ours included) advertise Same Day Appliance Service, the reality is that no company can offer same day appliance service 100% of the time. Action Appliance Repair can typically have a technician to your home the day you call for service, but sometimes you might need to wait until the following day. Here are a few reasons that service may be delayed:
- The company’s schedules are full. If you call for service at the end of the day, your chances of finding a technician with availability are limited. For example, we provide same day service in most cases, but occasionally we fill all of our available appointments early in the day. In that case, we have to schedule your appointment for the next day.
- Holidays and Weekends Excluded. If you see an ad for Same Day service, pay close attention to the company’s hours of operation. They might say “Same Day Service” in the Ad, but that service will have to be during their hours of operation (meaning you can’t call at 5:45 pm and expect same day service if the company closes at 6 pm).
- They charge a hefty “after hours” fee. While it may be worth the extra costs in some situations, many companies who offer “same day service” charge an additional fee to book your appointment. Be sure to ask if additional fees apply. Here at Action Appliance Repair, we don’t charge an extra fee for same day service.
How to Find the Best Same Day Appliance Repair in Connecticut
When you’re shopping for same day appliance repair in Connecticut, keep the following best practices in mind:
- Call first thing in the morning. When possible, call an appliance repair company as soon as you notice the appliance failure. Don’t wait until you get settled in at work to make the call. Appliance companies that offer same day service keep a set number of appointments open for same day callers, but if those appointments fill up by 10 am, you’ll be out of luck. If you notice the problem in the evening, leave a voicemail or schedule an appointment using their online appointment scheduler.
- Verify the appliance repair company stocks their service vehicles with commonly failed parts. Same day service is great, but if the technician coming to your home doesn’t carry appliance parts on his truck, then your appliance won’t be fixed that same day. Ask the person booking your appointment if the technician stocks appliance parts on his vehicle. If they say, “no,” this probably means that the technician isn’t going the fix the problem that same day.
- Ensure the company offers a repair warranty. Although there are a handful of reputable companies in Connecticut that offer same day appliance repair, there are also a lot of sketchy operations that are just trying to make an extra buck. That’s why it’s important to find a company that guarantees any work they complete on your appliance with a full parts and labor warranty. This ensures that you are covered in case they don’t fix the problem correctly the first time around. There’s nothing worse than paying double to have a new company come out to fix an appliance you already paid to have repaired!
If you need same day appliance repair in Connecticut, contact the Action Appliance Repair of Connecticut. We offer same or next day service, our technicians carry parts, and we offer an extensive repair warranty.