Service technicians diagnose and repair all kitchen and laundry appliances including refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, freezers, and garbage disposals while providing superior service in customers’ homes.
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Experience Required: Minimum of 2 Years with an Appliance Repair Company Service
Territory: Connecticut and Massachusetts
Requisition Type: Non-Exempt
- Experience/Education High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Certification and/or licenses as required (holding an EPA environmental certification.)
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be willing to submit to random drug testing.
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and driver’s license check per company policy.
- Experience and aptitude with computers and databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The In-Home Service Technician must:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Work variable and flexible hours, including required overtime.
- Handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible, and expert service to every customer.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments.
- Successfully complete all Technician training elements within required timeframes.
- Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business.
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service.
- Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer.
- Receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician’s place of residence or other designated location.
- Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards.
- Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck.
- Drive to the customer’s home and repair the appliance/equipment on-site.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical principles, practical mechanics, and physics.
- Accurately diagnose and repair appliances/equipment in the customer’s home.
- Ability to select and use basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair, or test various products.
- Ability to perform all services within manufacturer specifications and the In-Home Technician Operating Manual.
- Ability to give the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair, if applicable.
- Ability to provide knowledgeable, courteous, and professional customer service.
- Ability to communicate diagnosis and needed repairs of products to the customer in a knowledgeable and courteous manner.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems, and complete job tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Action Appliance associates, vendors, third party customers, and other outside sources (i.e., routing, Service Desk, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively the benefits of the Value Added Services to the customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups, tailoring communication for audience/situation.
- Must have the ability to use a laptop computer for service call processes, routing functions, and parts/inquiries/ordering.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.