Job Summary: To perform this position successfully, the customer service representative must be able to complete all tasks and fulfill all responsibilities for this position in a satisfactory manner while achieving all company objectives for customer service as defined and approved by the dispatch and customer service team leader.
Customer service/dispatch representatives are primarily responsible for providing customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing, and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner. Initiating and/or implementing corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction.
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Requisition Type: Non-Exempt Essential
Education/Certification Required: High School or equivalent
Function and Basic Duties:
- Promptly and efficiently answer all incoming calls into a custom software package and maintain office information.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts, and document interactions.
- Follow-up with our valued customers by communicating schedule changes, respond to customer questions and confirming appointments.
- Review scheduling for efficiency and pre-qualifying of service request for potential needs.
- Provide support for our technical team with accurate consumer information, scheduling changes, weather or traffic alerts, etc.
- Accurately receive and record all pertinent information supplied by field technicians by paperwork, phone, e-mail, or text messaging.
- Record service information and enter post-service reports as necessary.
- Incoming telephone calls are always answered within three rings and in accordance with the “script” provided by the company.
- Attends company and/or department meetings as necessary.
- Although this is not a routine, when necessary, the customer service representative will assist in the performance of duties normally performed by other positions.
- Ensures that all customer service activities are conducted in an ethical, legal, and businesslike manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and follow the Company Code of Values.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Has a “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers and has a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude.
- Performs all necessary duties in a manner that is personally cooperative and supportive of all other members of the company personnel.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience and improves office efficiency and productivity.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possesses a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and good communication/listing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, in English both verbally and in writing.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works as a team player.
- Knowledge of scheduling and dispatching.
- An aptitude for solving problems.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and internet access.
- The ability to do routine business mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Maintains knowledge of the products and services sold by the company and those offered by competitors.